Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Saturday, April 25, 2009
So like everyone else I will say Add me to your twitter @JimAndSandy to get caught up on all random dribble.
Now for an update......
We finally moved back to bako. We bought a brand new house (just built), and yes we have already worn out that new house smell (what do you expect with kids). Happy to be back in town. Closer to the dr office, church, shopping, etc.
I got my pain pump put in, doing MUCH better. For those of you that saw me this time last year you know I was using my wheel chair most of the time, and now....I am not even using my cane much (unless I have to walk far). I have lost 40 lbs (not that I have that much to lose), but due to the meds I just cant eat. Hey if your gona die, I say die skinny (jk jk)
Jim and I are trying to quit smoking. He is doing much better then me naturally. Of course, hes not sitting at home bored all day either. Nor is he dealing with screaming kids (that would drive anyone to smoke) lol jk
Anyhoo, just wanted to update this thing since its been forever. I wrote my username and pw down this time, so I will update regularly!
Sunday, December 24, 2006
You are cordially invited to
A BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION!!!
Guest of Honor: Jesus Christ
Date: Every day. Traditionally, December 25
but He's always around, so the date is flexible...
Time: Whenever you're ready.
(Please don't be late, though, or you'll miss out on all the fun!)
Place: In your heart.... He'll meet you there.
(You'll hear Him knock.)
Attire: Come as you are... grubbies are okay.
He'll be washing our clothes anyway. He said something about
new white robes and crowns for everyone who stays till the last.
Tickets: Admission is free. He's
already paid for everyone...
(He says you wouldn't have been
able to afford it anyway...
it cost Him everything He had. But
you do need to accept the ticket!!
Refreshments: New wine, bread, and a
far-out drink He calls "Living Water,"
followed by a supper that promises to be out of this world!
Gift Suggestions: ; Your life. He's one of those
people who already has everything else.
(He's very generous in return though.
Just wait until you see what He has for you!)
Entertainment: Joy, Peace, Truth,
Light, Life, Love, Real Happiness,
Communion with God, Forgiveness, Miracles, Healing, Power,
Eternity in Paradise, Contentment, and much more!
(All "G" rated, so bring your family and friends.)
R.S.V.P. Very Important!
He must know ahead so He can
reserve a spot for you at the table.
Also, He's keeping a list of His friends for future
reference. He calls it the "Lamb's Book of Life."
Party being given by His Kids (that's us!!)!
Hope to see you there! For those of you whom I will
see at the party, share this with someone today!
Saturday, December 23, 2006
Whats the greatest give you can give?
LOVE.....it costs you nothing and lasts forever. Think about it. It could end wars, save lives, change lives, heal a broken heart, stop violence, even create something new inside of you and so much more. The thing about love is it was created to be given away. If you hold it in, it doesn't help you or anyone else. I challenge anyone who is having trouble with their child to tell them they love them 10 times a day, and see if the child changes. I believe that love can change anything. Its definitely something that if your wrong, then......well really how can you be wrong? How can giving love to someone else ever be wrong. I don't mean going out and giving your heart away to every tom, dick, or harry out there. I mean loving those around you with your whole heart. I think we could always love better. Commit to love everyone better this year and see what happens. I bet that in that year things will change. No, you probably wont be richer, in the sense of money, but you definitely will be richer in your life. The bible says to "love your neighbor as yourself." That "neighbor" can be a friend, family, maybe that child you see down the street that you know is neglected. Key word "as your self" the problem today? People don't really love themselves. "I am too fat." "I am ugly." How many times have we beat ourselves up over our physical appearance, or some flaw we hate in ourselves? Probably daily (myself included). The thing is these things just don't matter. What is truly important is the heart and attitude. Cut yourself some slack. I mean your only human too, aren't you?
Heres what I suggest:
- Make a list of the people you could "love better" this year and commit to doing it.
- Commit to loving YOURSELF better this year and actually to it.
- Seek out people to love. Love the "unlovable." We all know who they are, you might of seen the homeless man each week on the street. Maybe decide to buy him a meal.
- Pass it on. Share this article with other people and have them commit to "love better" this year.
- If you are comfortable with it, keep a prayer diary for those you have decided to "love better" and pray daily for them. I personally have seen this change many lives. Remember you might be the only person on earth praying for that person. Maybe thats all they needed to get their life back in order.
- If you don't believe in prayer, then do whatever your comfortable with, send warm thoughts or whatever it is you are comfortable with.
- Pray for the person (if your comfortable with that)
- Do anonymous things that help them. Maybe send a card in the mail when you know they are discourage (you could say its from you if you want). Little things that don't get notices usually make you feel better because you know you did them. I remember giving a card with money in it to a single struggling mom one Christmas, she never knew who it was from, but the joy in her face was all I needed.
- Offer to help out when needed. Maybe that over worked, exhausted mom just needs a few free hours, offer to babysit.
- Say "I love you" to your family at least 5 times a day (if not more). How can it ever hurt to tell our children how much we love them? Our spouse? It just cant. A older child might act like you just exposed them naked in front of the entire school, but inside it feels good and they love it, no matter what they say on the outside. Think of how many times we love to hear our spouse say "I love you" for no reason, it feels good, makes us feel secure and loved. Think what it can do for your spouse and your relationship.
- There are so many other ways. Just fill a need. Give praise. Look around and listen. You can find 100s of ways to "love better" if you really want too.
Feel free to copy and paste this anywhere you want for others to read. Just give me credit for writing it.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.